The term health and well-being is one of the most used combinations when people are talking about being whole as human. Even though there is no solid definition of what health and well-being is, some of the descriptions include the following.
Defining Health and Well-Being
- It is the achievement of physical, mental and psychological fitness to a point where you feel whole.
- It is the absence of physical and mental illnesses. It can also be described as complete knowledge of self.
- It is a combination of social, intellectual, physical and emotional factors, which make humans feel like life is worth living.
How to Improve Your Health and Well-Being
- Eat a balanced diet: Your diet plays a significant role in your health and well-being. Always ensure your meals have a good balance of proteins, carbohydrates, and vitamins. Your meals not only affect your physical health, but they also affect your mood and can have a lasting effect on how your life turns out to be.
- Have regular exercise: The benefits of sport cannot be exhausted. If you are obese or have physical conditions such as cardiovascular illnesses, then you will benefit from regular exercise. Besides, activities have a way of lifting moods and relieving stress.
- Relax and enjoy life: Life is hard, and the many challenges around it such as looking for money, raising a family and even school work can be overwhelming. If you care for your health and well-being, you should remind yourself to take a break and enjoy the little pleasures of life. Watch TV, go for a massage, book a holiday or just take a walk around your neighbourhood.
- Get enough sleep: Sleep is an essential factor in your well-being. Ensure you get quality sleep by buying good bedding, which will not keep you tossing and turning the whole night. Avoid using gadgets such as your phone and computers before bed.